Some financial aid programs require a minimum level of enrollment for payment. The amount paid on other programs is based on the number of semester hours of enrollment.
Enrollment status is classified as follows:
- Full-time - 12 or more semester hours
- Three-quarter-time - 9-11 semester hours
- Half-time - 6-8 semester hours
- Less than half-time - 1-5 semester hours
- Full-time - 9 or more semester hours
- Half-time - 5 semester hours
- Less than half-time - 1-3 semester hours
Loan recipients of Federal Direct Loans must be enrolled at least half-time (6 or more hours for undergraduates/5 or more hours for graduates) to receive loan funds.
Pell Grant recipients will receive the maximum payment for full-time enrollment. Payments are prorated for enrollment levels less than full-time.